The Llano Tea Party is committed to providing information so that voters may make informed decisions in the voting booth.
Who We Are:
The Llano Tea Party is a grassroots group of ordinary American citizens from Llano County, Texas. Our goal is to restore government “of the people, by the people and for the people’ at the federal, state and local levels.
- We are peaceful, patriotic and polite individuals who will be silent no longer.
- We are outraged that our Congress is spending our future generations hopelessly into debt while we face job losses and financial hardships.
- We see America spiraling into socialism and we “pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor” that this must not (Excerpts from The Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776.)
- We are not a political party; we are non-partisan. If you agree with who we are, our mission and our core beliefs, you are welcome.
- To restrict governmental functions to the original intent of the Constitution
- To locate and mobilize patriots who will be “silent no more” and awaken those who are still silent
- To educate citizens about the Constitution and our founder’s vision of freedom
- To organize a grassroots movement that will engage in the local, state and national issues and elections of 2010 and beyond
- “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it…” (Excerpts from The Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776.)
- We believe that the Bill of Rights describes inherent God given rights and not rights “granted’ by the govenrment
- The federal government must be reduced to the functions listed in its enumerate powers and agencies not so authorized must be Fiscal responsibility must be restored by drastically reducing spending, reducing taxes, by balancing the budget and paying off the national debt.
- Individual responsibility and self-reliance must replace dependence on the government
- Free enterprise built the greatest economies and freed more people from poverty than any other system the world has It must be reinvigorated by reducing taxes and regulations and allowing free trade – this will make American businesses competitive internationally and increase employment at home.
- All levels of government must exercise the power of eminent domain as described in the Constitution
- We must return to our traditional American is a Judeo-Christian nation founded on Biblical principles. Parents have the right to raise and teach their children without interference from the government.
Llano Tea Party Steering Committee
The Officers/Members of the Llano Tea Party, PAC, Steering Committee (LTP/SC) are elected annually by our members at our anniversary meeting held each September. The LTP/SC consists of up to nine volunteer members. The LTP has been meet every monthly since its founding in 2010. Each SC member represents each organization member as well as other Conservatives in our area. They are all, and have been, Patriots who love their community, State and Nation.
LLANO TEA PARTY
John G. Fowler, President
Kathy Hussey, Vice President
Patricia Dawson, Treasurer
Janet Mayne, Secretary
Become a Member…
Download a copy of our Charter, complete the membership application and bring it to the next LTP meeting.