March 7th, 2019 Speaker
https://index.empowertexans.com/ Fiscal Index
Michael Quinn Sullivan
A fifth generation Texan, Michael Quinn Sullivan is the CEO of Empower Texans.
The Fort Worth Star Telegram said Sullivan “slays taxpayer dragons in Austin… When the heat is on in Austin, Michael Quinn Sullivan knows how to make it even hotter.” Texas Monthly dubbed him “the enforcer,” on their list of the 25 most influential Texans. The Dallas Morning Newshas called him the state’s most influential unelected Republican.
A former newspaper reporter, Capitol Hill staffer, think tank vice president and Eagle Scout, Sullivan is a graduate of Texas A&M University. He and his wife have three children.
Speaker at Llano Tea Party's March, 2019 Meeting
Schorlemner Hall at the St James Lutheran Church
1401 Ford St Llano
6:30p Business Meeting/Dinner
(*Times are approximate)
Please reserve Dinner at $15 by Tuesday March 5th
Set up for the meeting is at 5pm. Volunteers are welcome to join us!
The Texas Freedom Caucus was founded by members of the Texas House of Representatives committed to amplifying the voice of liberty-minded, grassroots Texans who want bold action to protect life, strengthen families, defend the U.S. and Texas Bills of Rights, restrain government and revitalize personal and economic freedoms in the State of Texas.
86th Legislative Priorities:
The Freedom Caucus has eight priorities for the current session, which Lang said is different and more “positive” from previous sessions because of the new Speaker, Dennis Bonnen (R-Angleton).
- 1st: School finance reform
- 2nd: Property tax relief
- 3rd: Pro-life
- 4th: 2nd Amendment
- 5th: Election integrity
- 6th: Religious freedom
- 7th: Banning taxpayer-funded lobbying
- 8th: Border security & immigration reform
Their top two legislative priorities keeps them in lockstep with the House Speaker, the Governor, and the Lieutenant Governor: reforming school finance and property tax relief.
Who We Are:
The Llano Tea Party is a grassroots group of ordinary American citizens from Llano County, Texas. Our goal is to restore government “of the people, by the people and for the people’ at the federal, state and local levels.
- We are peaceful, patriotic and polite individuals who will be silent no more
- We are outraged that our Congress is spending our future generations hopelessly into debt while we face job losses and financial hardships
- We see America spiraling into socialism and we “pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor” that this must not (Excerpts from The Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776.)
- We are not a political party; we are non-partisan. If you agree with who we are, our mission and our core beliefs, you are welcome
Become A Member...
Download our Charter and Membership Application, there is NO membership costs other than to agree with our Charter.